One of my absolute favorite movie review bloggers, Alicja Johnson at Reel Red Reviews, nominated me for the Liebster Award! This means so much to me! So if you don’t already follow this lovely lady’s site– feel free to go to the link above and do so because she does a lot of great work and has tons of reviews on her site rangers from newer films to classic films. Did I mention she is awesome? ‘Cause she is! Thanks again, Alicja.
What is the Liebster Award?
In the blogging world, the Liebster Award is online recognition given by bloggers to other new bloggers for enjoying or valuing their work. It is meant to highlight and credit favorite new up and coming blogs within our writing community.
What are the rules?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions of your own
Q1: What is your favorite movie from 2015?
A: Creed! It was a perfect reboot to a franchise that is near and dear to my heart! Michael B. Jordan was amazing and Stalone was never better!
Q2: What is your most anticipated movie for this year?
A: Ohhhhh this is difficult… either Batman v. Superman or 10 Cloverfield Lane.
Q3: Biggest Disappointment (movie or TV show) from 2015?
A: Pan was the biggest disappointment for me given how much the film had going for it. They had a solid cast and a creative world that they built but we were met with overacting and coal mining instead. Sad.
Q4: What celebrity do you think you’d get along really well with – who could be your best friend?
A: Honestly? Dwayne Johnson or Paul Rudd… both seem like such awesome dudes!
Q5: Do you have a celebrity lookalike? If not, is there a celebrity you’ve always imagined yourself being like?
A: I have been told that I look like Sinbad… that used to annoy me but then I realized that Sinbad is friggin awesome.
Q6: Do you have a travel bucket list? What are the top three places you’d like to visit?
A: I grew up poor and never really put much thought into this– but if I really though about it the 3 places I would visit are Rome, New York City and Japan.
Q7: Name your ideal comfort food?
A: Chinese Food….mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Q8: If you could choose any epic movie death, which way would you go?
A: Paul Reuben’s death in Buffy the Vampire Slayer seems like a pretty rad way to go.
Q9: Which fictional town (or school, like Hogwarts) would you choose to live in?
A: Halloween Town because the population there seems to be so welcoming and they are so upbeat and really seem to put their best foot forward with every opportunity presented to them! Plus… Halloween town rocks! Also, the Island of Misfit Toys would work as a secondary location.
Q10: What’s the first movie you remember seeing?
A: I think Aladdin?
Q11: How long have you been blogging for, and why did you start?
A: I think I officially started blogging two years ago? But only created my own site and brand within the last 4 months or so. I started because I needed a creative outlet to talk about movie and such that I enjoy and figured blogging was a perfect platform for this!
Great questions Alicja! I hope I answered them well enough… I’ve always been bad at narrowing down questions like this… and some were really tough choices!
Here are my nominees for the Liebster Award! :
- Uneducated Review
- The Popcorn Waltz
- Moovie News
- Reel Dude Reviews
- Flickering Myth
- Film Inquiry
- Kiss The Movies
- Kaori Loves Anime
- Super Movie Maniac
You guys all rock! Keep the posts coming!
My questions for the nominees:
- If the world were ending and you had to watch one final movie, what movie would you watch?
- Who is the actor/actress that you respect most and why?
- What is your favorite book of all time?
- What is your favorite holiday movie to watch?
- Growing up, what cartoon did you look forward to watching every week or day?
- What movie universe (city, place, town, world etc) would you choose to live in forever if you could?
- What is your most anticipated movie of 2016?
- Name 1 movie and/or book that you would destroy from existence.
- What was your favorite school lunch growing up (or ‘cold lunch’ if you brought one from home)?
- What is your favorite decade for film and why?
- What do you hope to achieve with your website or blog?
Thanks for participating guys, I know some of these questions are tough but I hope you like them! I Put a lot of time into thinking about what I would ask. Good Luck and have fun!